Thursday, May 16, 2013

Shorts alteration :)

Alright so a lot of people might not know this but over the past few months I have been really working on my weight loss. I have lost about 30 pounds since October 2012 and 40-45 pounds since high school. I was a big girl lol Most of the time I would wear jackets (no matter what the weather) because I just hated how I looked but wasn't sure how to lose the weight and stay motivated. 
But I finally did it and the sob story is over! 

Anyway, as the warm weather started I was looking through my shorts and whatnot and realized that all of my summer clothes didn't fit me anymore which was kind of a bummer :/ But then I realized hey! I'm a DIY-er now, why not try and salvage these! So that's what I've done. I took my too-big shorts and revamped them and I'm so glad I did :) Here's how it's done.

Alright so here are the shorts as they were...
As you can see they are a few sizes too big for me now...
So that's one thing we need to fix

And also the length. I'm getting more confident with myself so I think 
it's time to hitch up the hem line :)

Alright so what I did first was figure out how short I wanted the shorts to be.
Then simply cut them! :) If you want to sew around the bottom to finish
it off be my guest, but me being my lazy self, I left the edges raw.

Next! Turn the shorts inside out and pin up the sides, 
creating a new side seam, so the shorts fit your legs and waist better :)
(no my shorts aren't inside out, I messed up. 
But trust me when I say to just turn them inside out...)

Now sew up along the pins to create a new side seam and cut off the extra edge!

Now turn them right side out and try them on! :)
*crossing fingers that they fit*
And yay! They do! haha :)

With a little room to spare :)


So there you have it :) I hope this helps!

Thanks for looking! :)
~Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment