Thursday, May 2, 2013

Long and Drab to Short and Fab!

Finding this dress at my local thrift shop I immediately saw it's potential. I loved the print and the fact that it has POCKETS! (gotta have a place for my chapstick! haha) So I snagged it, brought it home and got to work.

 *First- I took off the side ties. It looked like they had been stuck in a dryer one too many times, plus I knew I wanted to belt this dress instead.

 *Next- I got rid of the length. It landed at almost my ankles which is just not ok with me. I wanted a cute summer dress and this just screamed "mom dress." (no offense mom!! <3)

 *Step numba 3- Taking off those sleeves. They were too restricting and I was feeling a tank-dress vibe.

 *And finally- I deepened the neckline. The original was just too high for me and I wanted something I felt comfortable in. Down it went!

          And here's the final project- belted, short, and ready for the warm weather :)

And here's a side by side comparison 

Ultimately I'm super pleased with how this turned out. I've worn it quite a few times already (even when the weather doesn't exactly call for it- Darn you Utah weather!!!) 

Thanks for looking! :)
~Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment