Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Lacy Heart Pockets

For those of you who don't know me (and I suppose those who do as well) you should know right now that I love lace. With an unhealthy passion. So today I bring you an adorable lace-oriented DIY that is super simple and can be used as a base for many other projects :) Here we go!

First you'll need a pair of jean shorts or pants that you want to work with. I suggest that the butt pocket be more on the plain side, but that's mostly because I like the simplicity of this look. If you want to cut up pockets that have designs be my guest! I would shy away from pockets with buttons though...


Next you'll want to grab a pencil or white crayon/sewing pencil to draw out your heart (or whatever shape you'd like really)

Next take some clear nail polish and apply all around the outside of the heart. This will help keep your ends from fraying.

Now find some kind of cutting tool and cut out your shape! I used my handy dandy seam ripper but of course you could use a pair of scissors or an exacto-knife. Whatever you have available! It should look something like this...

Now lay the lace inside the pocket and position it how you want. Pin in place or just start sewing!
 
And here's the finished product! :) I especially like how the white stitching looks along the outside. I was a little worried about it looking bad but I actually like it!


I hope you guys liked this little DIY!
Thanks for looking! :)
~Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment